4 August 2019
Our video last week announcing the FairTube campaign was a huge success, with hundreds of thousands of views, thousands of comments (almost all positive), and press coverage from around the world — Europe (in multiple languages), the US, Australia and New Zealand, and China. Some people had questions and concerns, like:
- This sounds great for Youtubers who live in Europe. What about everyone else?
- I don't want to be an employee of YouTube!
- YouTube is a private company. They can do whatever they want on their platform. If you don't like it, go somewhere else, or build your own platform.
- The only result of this will be that YouTube will just least the German (or EU) market.
- This won't accomplish anything.
So we made a video addressing these questions! Here it is: