is a campaign to get more fairness and transparency for all YouTube Creators.
12 Nov 2019
It’s time to start the action
FairTube has launched the first in a series of planned community actions to bring attention to the lack of transparency and accountability on YouTube. On November 11, we posted videos calling on Youtubers and supporters to send letters by mail to YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California. more info →
- Publish all categories and decision criteria that affect monetization and views of videos
- Give clear explanations for individual decisions — for example, if a video is demonetized, which parts of the video violated which criteria in the Advertiser-Friendly Content Guidelines?
- Give YouTubers a human contact person who is qualified and authorized to explain decisions that have negative consequences for YouTubers (and fix them if they are mistaken)
- Let YouTubers contest decisions that have negative consequences
- Create an independent mediation board for resolving disputes (here the Ombuds Office of the Crowdsourcing Code of Conduct can offer relevant lessons)
- Formal participation of YouTubers in important decisions, for example through a YouTuber Advisory Board
Support the campaign